Monday, December 7, 2015

OUGD402: Alt-J Gig



In a previous blog post I mentioned that the gig I was most looking forward to this year was Alt-J. They are one of my favourite bands and on the 6th of December me and Polly were finally able to see them. It was a nice experience because this is what I would describe as my music taste (indie/alternative) which I think will help with the self branding brief because I like the art work behind band posters and a lot of merchandise now features artistic graphic design instead of an image of the band. It is also incredibly calming and good background music; stuff to listen to whilst you're doing work and it was amazing experiencing it standing in the Leeds First Direct Arena. I feel like there is a way to combine art and music but it will be something I need to develop further. 

In reference to the self branding brief I think that music and ticket designs could be a massive influence on my outcome for this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment