Monday, April 3, 2017

OUGD502: Personal - Ted Talk - What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness | Robert Waldinger


I thought that it was important to write a personal blog post on mental health. I found this year to be my most challenging in terms of mental health. I do not have any diagnosed mental health issues but it has been an extremely sad and confusing year for me. With these types of things you can only get help once you decide to help yourself and speak out and although I left it until almost the end of second year I'm happy that I said something instead of suffered in silence. I found a talk called "what makes a good life? lessons from the longest study on happiness" by Robert Waldinger where he says that study asked millennial what their goals and ambitions are in life a majority said money and the rest said to become famous. Although those are practically everyone's goals because you need money to survive and fame comes across as luxurious and accomplished. It's all just paying bills and showing off. Those are not the most important things in life, happiness is. It's a choice and a mindset and it helps make your work better and how you are generally better. This talk helped to influence my outlook and days where I would need to take a break and completely turn my mind off from overworking I would listen to things like this and it would put me at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment