Tuesday, April 11, 2017

OUGD502: Collaborating With Photographers & Finding Projects

I really wanted to make the most of more opportunities outside of Graphic Design in LCA. The collaborations page on Facebook is full of students requiring help from other students within the uni and I found a few that looks interesting so I decided to participate in them before the end of semester two. I helped two photography students, Kim Stuart and Lucie Blissett as models for two of their projects. Kim did a project on different types of makeup we shot one morning then recorded a few pieces for a small film project relating to makeup. For Lucie she needed to take photos for a jewellery company called Muse so we took some shots this afternoon. It was interesting to get involved in the procedure of modelling for photographers. There's a lot of different aspects to take into consideration and I've realised that the photographer needs to help the model with positioning etc. because it's difficult to know what they want from you, you have to be told because it's their shots. They were both really fun and enjoyable to do and it's something I want to help more with within second year. I'm going to keep looking at the Facebook page for more projects to collaborate in.







No comments:

Post a Comment