Thursday, March 2, 2017

OUGD502: Hamburger Bahnhoff

























Hamburger Bahnhof is an art museum in a former 19th century railway station, showing works from 1960 to the present. The works of Joseph Beuys, Roy Litchenstein, Robert Rauschenberg, Cy Twombly and Andy Warhol were together in a large space. It was a very fine art exhibition. I remember studying Roy Lichenstein at GCSE level and he was one of my favourites to research and recreate the aesthetic of work of. The pop art graphics were something I found really interesting especially because of the vibrant colours used. It is something that could potentially be incorporated more in my illustrations. The large textured paintings also reminded me of a project I did in A Level where I researched abstract artists and created thick paintings with textures such as sand spread into the acrylic paints. It was a nice reminiscent exhibition. I found a couple of the books quite interesting in the gift shop too such as Will Happiness Find Me and German For Artists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment