Thursday, October 15, 2015

OUGD402: Yorkshire Sculpture Park


 








 

I found Rob Ryan's work very delicate and beautiful. It's all hand cut out which adds a personal element and the quotes are usually about love and connecting with other people. 















 The architecture of the buildings were incredible. The large windows and beige colours made the buildings look rustic and vintage.


 The scenery at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park was so beautiful and autumnal.



I found this incredibly disturbing. I do not like art that combines humans and animals especially at the scale this rabbit was. However, I think the purpose of this type of art is to be controversial and make you evoke emotion from spectating it.

For my logo I'm going to take inspiration from the landscape as a whole rather than an individual structure or art piece because I think the surrounding area best depicts the Yorkshire Sculpture Park rather than the actual sculptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment