Tuesday, March 8, 2016

OUGD402: Ink Stamp Experiment




In my last blog post I used watercolour paint instead of actual ink for my stamp so the results were not as good as I had expected. Now I have experimented with ink I think that my design has shown up clearer and looks more clean and sleek. I'm quite pleased with my design and style of this stamp. However, if I had time to improve it I might get it custom made from a manufacturer but I thought the concept behind creating it myself would show that it is simple to produce, cost effective and gives a hand created feel. I wanted it to look home made instead of completely digitalised because a stamp is quite a personal, physical thing you have to engage with the person instead of handing it out like a business card. It also goes with my style of work because I prefer the more illustrative, hand rendered route. 


No comments:

Post a Comment